- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
China World Hotel (Zhōngguó dàfàndiàn)
At a Glance
- convenient location for business travelers
- some superb restaurants
- close to both the subway and shopping
- the bustle here can overwhelm
- big and impersonal
- rooms are small for the price
Check Rates from our Partners
China World Hotel (Zhōngguó dàfàndiàn) Review
Once placing high on lists of top Beijing hotels, this place now does opulence in a rather unsubtle way—gold highlights in the lobby; marble tubs in the luxe rooms; high-priced fine dining—but it more than lives up to its look: the service is top rate, the restaurants are excellent (Aria, serving contemporary European cuisine, is particularly special), and the attached mall/cinema offers a welcome escape. It's no surprise that during conferences and exhibitions, business travelers pack its modern, well-appointed rooms. Yes, it all comes at a cost—but at least you get what you pay for.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
My husband will be in Shanghai for a week and I would like him to bring something back.
I'm female, almost 65 and wonder what they have that you can't find here - . Not sure what's on people's shopping Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more