Beijing Hotel (Běijīng fàndiàn)
At a Glance
- short walk from the Forbidden City
- close to shopping
- a sense of history
- mediocre restaurants
- a lack of local nightlife
- hard to get taxis
Beijing Hotel (Běijīng fàndiàn) Review
History-steeped, flush with an old-fashioned splendor, and close to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, this hotel has been welcoming grandees and high rollers ever since it opened in 1900 (Nixon stayed here on his historic visit). One of the capital's oldest and most distinguished home-away-from-homes, the Hotel de Peking (its original name; a French bank built the place) has elegant guest rooms, many adorned with French-classic touches. The guest register is crammed with famous names, including such heavyweight leaders as China's long-time premier Zhou Enlai (who stayed and worked in room #1735).
- Address: 33 Dongchang'an Jie, off Wangfujing Dajie, Dongcheng District, Beijing, 100004 | Map It
- Phone: 010/6513–7766; 010/6523–2395
- Website: www.chinabeijinghotel.com.cn
- Subway: Wangfujing
- Location: Dongcheng District
- 733 rooms, 51 suites
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in Beijing for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More