- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Beijing Hotel (Běijīng fàndiàn)
At a Glance
- short walk from the Forbidden City
- close to shopping
- a sense of history
- mediocre restaurants
- a lack of local nightlife
- hard to get taxis
Check Rates from our Partners
Beijing Hotel (Běijīng fàndiàn) Review
History-steeped, flush with an old-fashioned splendor, and close to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, this hotel has been welcoming grandees and high rollers ever since it opened in 1900 (Nixon stayed here on his historic visit). One of the capital's oldest and most distinguished home-away-from-homes, the Hotel de Peking (its original name; a French bank built the place) has elegant guest rooms, many adorned with French-classic touches. The guest register is crammed with famous names, including such heavyweight leaders as China's long-time premier Zhou Enlai (who stayed and worked in room #1735).
- Address: 33 Dongchang'an Jie, off Wangfujing Dajie Dongcheng District, Beijing, 100004 | Map It
- Phone: 010/6513–7766
- Website: www.chinabeijinghotel.com.cn
- Metro Wangfujing.
- Location: Dongcheng District
- 733 rooms, 51 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I am travelling with my boyfriend in China this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more