Beijing Hotel (Běijīng fàndiàn)
At a Glance
- short walk from the Forbidden City
- close to shopping
- a sense of history
- mediocre restaurants
- old fashioned
- a lack of local nightlife
Beijing Hotel (Běijīng fàndiàn) Review
Occupying a third of the original Grand Hotel de Pekin complex (with Raffles and the Grand Hotel the other tenants), this venerable hotels retains a modicum of old-world charm, its impressive lobby and enviable location next to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square making up for the rather outmoded decor. Grandees and high rollers have stayed here since it opened around the turn of the 20th century—Nixon was a guest on his historic visit, and China's long-time premier Zhou Enlai lived and worked in room #1735. The guest rooms, many adorned with classically French touches, are comfortable enough but overdue for a spruce-up.
- Address: 33 Dongchang'an Jie, off Wangfujing Dajie, Dongcheng District, Beijing, 100004 | Map It
- Phone: 010/6513–7766; 010/6523–2395
- Website: www.chinabeijinghotel.com.cn
- Subway: Wangfujing
- Location: Dongcheng District
- 733 rooms, 51 suites
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in Beijing for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More