- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Beijing Hotel (Běijīng fàndiàn)
At a Glance
- short walk from the Forbidden City
- close to shopping
- a sense of history
- mediocre restaurants
- a lack of local nightlife
- hard to get taxis
Check Rates from our Partners
Beijing Hotel (Běijīng fàndiàn) Review
History-steeped, flush with an old-fashioned splendor, and close to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, this hotel has been welcoming grandees and high rollers ever since it opened in 1900 (Nixon stayed here on his historic visit). One of the capital's oldest and most distinguished home-away-from-homes, the Hotel de Peking (its original name; a French bank built the place) has elegant guest rooms, many adorned with French-classic touches. The guest register is crammed with famous names, including such heavyweight leaders as China's long-time premier Zhou Enlai (who stayed and worked in room #1735).
- Address: 33 Dongchang'an Jie, off Wangfujing Dajie Dongcheng District, Beijing, 100004 | Map It
- Phone: 010/6513–7766
- Website: www.chinabeijinghotel.com.cn
- Metro Wangfujing.
- Location: Dongcheng District
- 733 rooms, 51 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
In all the years traveling to China, we missed the UNESCO World Heritage Site Huangshan (sister national park of the US Yosemite Park) until we no longer have the stamina to climb up to the top of the peaks. Read more
The new one post with opinions and recommendations on Lijiang
http://chinainmyhands2013.blogspot.com/2013/09/magical-lijiang.html Read more
I have booked a hotel reservation thru WWW.HOTEL-REZ.COM in March this year.
However, when I try to change the booking, there was no contact available by telephone, email or any other way. No one answers Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more