- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Beijing Hotel (Beijing fàndiàn)
At a Glance
- short walk from the Forbidden City
- close to shopping
- a sense of history
- mediocre restaurants
- a lack of local nightlife
- hard to get taxis
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Beijing Hotel (Beijing fàndiàn) Review
History-steeped, flush with an old-fashioned splendor, and close to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, this hotel has been welcoming grandees and high rollers ever since it opened in 1900 (Nixon stayed here on his historic visit). One of the capital's oldest and most distinguished home-away-from-homes, the Hotel de Peking (its original name; a French bank built the place) has elegant guest rooms, many adorned with French-classic touches. The guest register is crammed with famous names, including such heavyweight leaders as China's long-time premier Zhou Enlai (who stayed and worked in room #1735).
- Address: 33 Dongchang'an Jie, off Wangfujing Dajie, Dongcheng District, Beijing, 100004 | Map It
- Phone: 010/6513-7766
- Website: www.chinabeijinghotel.com.cn
- Metro Wangfujing.
- Location: Dongcheng District
- 733 rooms, 51 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Beijing From 725 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book 5-Star Pangu Seven Star Fr $369+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Beijing for Less: Hotels Fr $60+/Nt Travelocity
- 32% OFF Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun! 14 Nts + Air Fr $1,721 Travelocity
- 12 Nt Cruise! See Asia with Royal Caribbean International Fr $899 Expedia
After spending a day and a half in Beijing, I make way to the West Beijing Train Station. Read more
My husband and I flew from Sydney Australia to Changsha, Hunan Province, China and spent two weeks visiting World Heritage listed mountain national parks, ancient village, water towns, classical gardens Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more