- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Paomo Guan (Pào mó guǎn)
Paomo Guan (Pào mó guǎn) Review
The colorful murals decorating the front porch of this adorable spot will immediately catch your eye. Paomo Guan focuses on paomo—a Shaanxi trademark dish. Guests break a large piece of hardened flat bread into little pieces and then put them in a bowl. After adding condiments, the waiter takes your bowl to the kitchen where broth—simmered with spices, including star anise, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon sticks, and bay leaves—is poured over the bread bits. It's Chinese comfort food at its best.
- Address: 53 Chaoyangmennei Nanxiaojie, Dongcheng District, Beijing, 100005
- Phone: 010/6525–4639
- Location: Dongcheng District
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I'm a young female professional travelling through China on my own this June 1-15th.
I will be coming either from Chang Mai (Thailand) or Hanoi (Veitnam).
I want to do a combination of adventure Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more