Paomo Guan (Pào mó guǎn)
Paomo Guan (Pào mó guǎn) Review
The colorful murals decorating the front porch of this adorable spot will immediately catch your eye. Paomo Guan focuses on paomo—a Shaanxi trademark dish. Guests break a large piece of hardened flat bread into little pieces and then put them in a bowl. After adding condiments, the waiter takes your bowl to the kitchen where broth—simmered with spices, including star anise, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon sticks, and bay leaves—is poured over the bread bits. It's Chinese comfort food at its best.
- Address: 53 Chaoyangmennei Nanxiaojie, Dongcheng District, Beijing, 100005
- Phone: 010/6525–4639
- Location: Dongcheng District
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable. Howev... Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. As we walk ... Read more
Many questions here and not sure whether to post in China or HongKong forums. Has anyone been to this aircraft carrier? It's turning ... Read more