- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Kong Yi Ji (Kǒngyǐjǐ)
Kong Yi Ji (Kǒngyǐjǐ) Review
Named for the down-and-out protagonist of a short story by Lu Xun (one of China's most famous writers), the first thing you'll see upon entering this restaurant is a bust of the author. The old-fashioned menu, which is bound with thread in a traditional fashion, features dishes from Lu's hometown of Shaoxing, near Shanghai. Also served is a wide selection of the region's famed huangjiu, sweet rice wine; it comes in heated silver pots and you can sip it from a special ceramic cup. The peaceful lakeside location is a perfect launching point for an after-dinner stroll.
- Address: South shore of Shichahai, Deshengmennei Dajie, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100035
- Phone: 010/6618–4915
- Location: Xicheng District
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I am leaving on a trip to Japan, China, Myanmar and Thailand on March 28 for one month and need to be able to call the US. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more