Jinyang Fanzhuang Review
Reliable, standard Shanxi fare is the order of the day here, alongside famous crispy duck and cat-ear-shaped pasta stir-fried with meat and vegetables. End your meal with a "sweet happiness" pastry. Jinyang Fangzhuang is attached to the ancient courtyard home of Ji Xiaolan, a Qing Dynasty scholar, the chief compiler of the Complete Library of the Four Branches of Literature. You can visit the old residence without admission fee and see Ji Xiaolan's study, where he wrote his famous essays. The crab-apple trees and wisteria planted during his lifetime still bloom in the courtyard.
- Address: 241 Zhushikou Xi Dajie, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100050
- Phone: 010/6303–1669
- Location: Southern Districts: Chongwen and Xuanwu
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable. Howev... Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. As we walk ... Read more
Many questions here and not sure whether to post in China or HongKong forums. Has anyone been to this aircraft carrier? It's turning ... Read more