- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Beijing Hotel Reviews
The hotel scene in Beijing today is defined by a multitude of polished palaces. You can look forward to attentive service, improved amenities—such as conference centers, health clubs, and nightclubs—and, of course, rising prices. "Western-style" comfort, rather than history and character, is the main selling point for Beijing's hotels. Gone forever is the lack of high-quality hotels that distinguished Beijing in the 70s.
If you're looking for something more intimate and historical, check out the traditional courtyard houses that have been converted into small hotels—they offer a quiet alternative to the fancier establishments.
There are a few things you should know before you book. Beijing's busiest seasons are spring and fall, with summer following closely behind. Special rates can be had during the low season, so make sure to ask about deals involving weekends or longer stays. If you are staying more than one night, you can often get some free perks—ask about free laundry service or free airport transfers.
The local rating system does not correspond to those of any other country. What is called a five-star hotel here might only warrant three or four elsewhere. This is especially true of the state-run hotels, which often seem to be rated higher than they deserve. And lastly, children 16 and under can normally share a room with their parents at no extra charge—although there may be a modest fee for adding an extra bed. Ask about this when making your reservation.
Browse Beijing Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Beijing From 725 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book Botai in May: Book now and save! Save with Expedia, $10/night less
- Book in Beijing: Save this May Fr $120+/Nt Expedia
- Save at 4-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Beijing Fr $1496 Expedia
- Cruise Through Asia with Royal Caribbean International Fr $899 Expedia