- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Haidian District Top 5
1. Spending a low-key day at the vast Summer Palace and Old Summer Palace. Don't miss getting out onto the water at either the Kunming Lake or the Fuhai Lake.
2. Eating and chatting all evening at the Wudaokou Binguan beer garden.
3. Browsing the biggest selection of electronics and computer goods (both legitimate and pirated) this side of the Pacific at Hailong Shopping Mall.
4. Listening to China's biggest bell toll at the Big Bell Temple. Here you'll find bells, both big and small, from the Ming, Song, and Yuan dynasties.
5. Getting out of town with a day trip to the Fragrant Hills Park or the Beijing Botanical Garden.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's