- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Subway Line 13 stops at Wudaokou, the heart of Haidian. Line 4 stops at both the Beijing Zoo and the Old Summer Palace. Otherwise, the Summer Palace, Old Summer Palace, Fragrant Hills Park, and the Beijing Botanical Garden are all rather far away in the northwest of the city and are best reached by taxi. To save money, take the train to the Xizhimen (or Wudaokou) subway station and take a taxi from there.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe