- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Making the Most of Your Time
Most of Dongcheng can be seen in a day, but it's best to set aside two, because the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square will likely take the better part of one day. The climb up Coal Hill (also called Prospect Hill) in Jingshan Park will take about 30 minutes for an average walker. From there, hop a taxi to the Lama Temple, which is worth a good two hours, then visit the nearby Confucius Temple.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's