- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Dongcheng District Top 5
1. Explore the wonders of the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. Then climb the hill in Jingshan Park for a view of the golden rooftops of the Forbidden City.
2. Visit the Lama Temple, Beijing's most famous Tibetan Buddhist temple, then the Confucius Temple; finally, cross the street for a stroll through Ditan Park.
3. Have dinner in the renovated courtyard of The Source, then walk to Nan Luogu Xiang, the city's hippest hutong area.
4. Walk up Wangfujing, Beijing's premier shopping spot, and check out the shops at Oriental Plaza.
5. Walk along the well-landscaped Imperial Wall Ruins Park, which begins one block north of Chang'an Jie on Nan Heyan Dajie.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe