- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Pingjiang Lodge (Píngjiāng kèzhàn)
At a Glance
- quaint style
- great location
- affordable rates
- service can be a little frosty
- some rooms a bit dark
Check Rates from our Partners
Pingjiang Lodge (Píngjiāng kèzhàn) Review
This grand old mansion offers a delightful balance of historic atmosphere and affordable comfort. The dimly lighted lobby is the oldest part of the complex, dating back 450 years. A series of 11 individually designed gardens are planted with bamboo, plum trees, and peach trees, making it a fun place to explore. Ask to see a few rooms when you check in—period-style furniture and modern bathrooms are a given, but some rooms lack natural light and have cramped, awkward layouts.
- Address: 32 Niu Jia Xiang, southern end of Pingjiang Jie Suzhou
- Phone: 0512/6523–3888
- Location: Suzhou
- 50 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I am travelling with my boyfriend in China this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more