- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Pig's Heaven Inn (Zhūlánjiübā)
At a Glance
- traditional lodging
- beautiful surroundings
- drivers at the ready
- a bit far from Huangshan
- staff knows very little English
Check Rates from our Partners
Pig's Heaven Inn (Zhūlánjiübā) Review
Wake to the crowing of roosters in this 400-year-old stone house on the fringes of Xidi, a village an hour's drive from Tunxi. Opened by a Shanghai artist who scoured the surrounding villages for curios, it's a rare chance to experience ancient village life—without giving up air-conditioning and Internet access, of course. The staff prepares tasty home-style meals for lunch and dinner using whatever's in season. A driver is on hand for local tours, airport pick-ups, and trips to Huangshan, making this a good base for exploring the area. A second, larger location is a 10-minute drive away.
- Address: Renrang Li, Xidi, 245501
- Phone: 0559/515–4555
- Location: Tunxi
- 5 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I am travelling with my boyfriend in China this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more