- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Songhelou (Sònghèlóu fǎndiàn)
Songhelou (Sònghèlóu fǎndiàn) Review
Ever since Emperor Qianlong, the Qing Dynasty's most famous tourist, declared the fish here a triumph, Songhelou has ridden on his yellow coattails. The most famous eatery in town, the pricey "Pine and Crane" is overhyped, but that doesn't stop tourists coming in droves to chow on braised tofu with crabmeat, pork belly with cherry sauce, and other local specialties. If folks are queuing out the door, try the similarly venerable Deyuelou, selling much the same Suzhou fare, just across the street.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
Hi, we've been told we can catch a train to Shenzen to go shopping and that you can get a visa locally at the train station. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more