- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Ge Garden (Gè yuán)
Ge Garden (Gè yuán) Review
With more than 60 varieties of bamboo, this garden is so named because the trio of leaves on a bamboo plant look like the Chinese character ge (个). There are yellow stalks, striped stalks, huge treelike stands, and dwarf bamboo with delicate leaves. The place was built by a wealthy salt merchant named Huang Zhiyun, who believed bamboo represented the loyalty of a good man. As you wander the quiet paths, note the loose bricks in the path arranged to clack under your footsteps. The garden is also accessible from an entrance on Dongguan Jie.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I am travelling with my boyfriend in China this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more