- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Jiaoshan Great Wall (Jiāoshān chángchéng)
Jiaoshan Great Wall (Jiāoshān chángchéng) Review
One way to leave behind the crowds at the First Gate Under Heaven is to scale the wall as it climbs Jiao Mountain, about 3 km (2 miles) from the city. The first part has been fitted with handrails and ladders up the sides of the watchtowers, but you can keep climbing until you reach the "real" wall. After that you can take a path through trees that leads to the Qixian Monastery. A chairlift operates in high season. Jiaoshan is a 10-minute taxi ride from Shanhaiguan.
- Address: Jiaoshan Lu, Shanhaiguan, 066200
- Phone: 0335/505–2884
- Cost: Y30
- Hours: Daily 7.30–5
- Location: Shanhaiguan
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I'm a young female professional travelling through China on my own this June 1-15th.
I will be coming either from Chang Mai (Thailand) or Hanoi (Veitnam).
I want to do a combination of adventure Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more