Beijing to Shanghai Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go: Beijing to Shanghai
Qingdao: Life's a beach in China's premier seaside city. Enjoy some of the country's best seafood and wash it down with Tsingtao beer, the local brew. Stroll around the well-preserved architecture from the days when the Germans were in charge.
Huangshan: Yellow Mountain's towering granite peaks overlooking rice paddies and green fields have been a place of pilgrimage for centuries.
Chengde: Originally a summer retreat for an emperor, this town's magnificent temples, parks, and palaces now attract weekenders hunting for culture.
Suzhou: Classical gardens and a network of crisscrossing canals run throughout the moated city.
Tongli: A fine example of a town built on water, Tongli is a wonderful place to wander around. Quaint side streets and alleyways open onto canals and bridges.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe