- Qingdao Hit the beach or explore the historic corners of the Bavarian-styled Old City, with its mansions, churches, and burgeoning café culture.
- Huangshan Framed in spectral mist, Yellow Mountain's towering granite peaks have inspired artists and poets for centuries.
- Chengde Originally an Imperial summer retreat, this town's magnificent temples, palaces and deer-filled parks now attract weekenders hunting for culture.
- Suzhou Discover flower-filled classical gardens in a town still threaded with ancient waterways.
- Qufu Visit the birthplace of China’s foremost philosopher and spiritual thinker, the "Great Sage" Confucius.
Want to stay at the finest properties when you travel? Check out our annual list of the 100 best hotels in the world.More