A walled complex that covers several blocks near the river, the official residence of current King Preah Norodom Sihamoni and former residence of King Sihanouk and Queen Monineath Sihanouk is a 1913 reconstruction of the timber palace built in 1866 by King Norodom. The residential areas of the palace are closed to the public, but within the pagoda-style compound are a number of structures worth visiting. These include Wat Preah Keo Morokat; the Throne Hall, with a tiered
roof topped by a 200-foot-tall tower; and a pavilion donated by the Emperor Napoleon III and shipped here from France. Guides can be hired at the entrance for $8.
Sothearos between Sts. 184 and 240, Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia