- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Air-conditioned buses from Phnom Penh run several times daily (four hours; $5), departing from the Central Market or the Hua Lian Station near Olympic Stadium. Buses from Bangkok (10 hours; from $25) and other towns on Thailand's eastern seaboard connect to Sihanoukville via Koh Kong.
You can hire a private car and driver through your hotel or guesthouse for the trip to the coast from Phnom Penh (three to four hours; starting at $50 excluding gas). The highway to Sihanoukville is one of the most dangerous in the country. Buses are almost as quick and often safer.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe