- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Air-conditioned buses from Phnom Penh run several times daily (four hours; $5), departing from the Central Market or the Hua Lian Station near Olympic Stadium. Buses from Bangkok (10 hours; $35) and other towns on Thailand's eastern seaboard connect to Sihanoukville via Koh Kong.
You can hire a private car and driver through your hotel or guesthouse for the trip to the coast from Phnom Penh (3 to 4 hours; starting at $50). The highway to Sihanoukville is one of the most dangerous in the country. Buses are almost as quick and often safer.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Indochina Experience IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) IExplore
- Thailand & Cambodia Experience — $5,299 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (22-Day) — $10,250 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) — $7,995 IExplore