- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chez Mathieu Review
The compelling draws here are the restaurant's unusual location, which is right across Angkor Wat along a dark dirt road (ideally, ask your tuk-tuk driver to wait as you dine), and its renowned eccentric French owner and excecutive chef Mathieu, who offers an enjoyable, sometimes unique take on traditional Khmer cuisine, such as the famous Amok curry. Alternatively you can opt to go completely French, sampling imported confit of duck. Though a little overpriced, this place is well worth visiting for a change of scene. For dinner, make sure to book in advance.
- Address: Across Angkor Wat (no need for entry card), Trapeang Ses Village Siem Reap
- Phone: 012/858003
- Location: Siem Reap
- Reservations essential.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We recently returned from a nine day/10 night trip to Hong Kong and Macau to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and a (ahem) milestone birthday. Read more
Just got back from a 1 week trip to Japan: Tokyo>Kyoto>Osaka>Nara>Hiroshima>Miyajima
(Nov 20 -27) Fall colors were at their peak everywhere it seemed. Read more
Going to Myanmar in December and a visit to Mt Popa is part of our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more