- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Crab Market
The Crab Market Review
A strip of simple eateries mainly run by local fishermen and their families can be found in the seafront Crab Market area. Here you can take your pick of these local haunts, each serving tons of fresh seafood dishes— mainly finger lickin' crab— from fresh salads and crunchy patties to succulent, spicy curries starring the famously flavorsome green, red, or black pepper from neighboring Kampot. Ideally, arrive around sunset to watch the fishermen returning with their catch, and to enjoy the mesmerizing colors play on the ocean before tucking into your dinner. Don't expect anything fancy from these basic restaurants; overall, hygeine standards are adhered to, and service is polite.
- Address: Phsar Kdam Khan, Kep
- Location: Kep
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
After much planning with you Fodorites and Tonkin Travel, Tom and I were ready for a romantic trip to Vietnam, with a quick side-trip to Cambodia. Read more
Tomorrow I'm off to Thailand on trip #34 to BKK since 2001. Read more
I'll go to Japan on 6 May and arrive in Narita around 7PM. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more