Friends the Restaurant
Friends the Restaurant Review
Before Romdeng, there was Friends the Restaurant. This extremely popular nonprofit café near the National Museum serves a huge range of small tapas, fruit juices, salads, and international dishes. Admire the colorful artwork, then visit the Friends store next door, filled with souvenirs and trinkets, whose proceeds help the NGO provide much-needed assistance to street children. Best to book ahead as it is usually packed—prepare to queue.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's