- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taxi, Moto, and Cyclo Travel
The most common forms of transportation are the moto (motorcycle taxi) and tuk-tuk. They cruise the streets in abundance, and gather outside hotels and restaurants—wherever you walk, you'll attract them. The standard fare for a short trip on a moto is $1 to $2; tuk-tuks run a little higher, up to $4, but with a little haggling you can quickly reach an agreed amount. Taxis don't cruise the streets, but there are usually a couple parked outside large hotels, and the receptionist can call one. Almost all drivers speak varying degrees of English, some fluently.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's