- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Thai International Airways flies twice daily from Bangkok to Phnom Penh, and Bangkok Airways has three flights a day. The trip takes about an hour and costs around $200 round-trip. Siem Reap Airways and AirAsia also have service between Bangkok and Phnom Penh. Lao Airlines flies from Vientiane and Pakse in Laos to Phnom Penh. Siem Reap Airways and Royal Khmer Airlines provide service between Cambodian cities.
Phnom Penh's modern Pochentong Airport is 10 km (6 miles) west of downtown. The international departure tax is $25, and the charge for domestic departures is $5 to $15. A taxi from the airport to downtown Phnom Penh costs $10. Motorcycles and tuk-tuks are cheaper than taxis (around $3), but it's a long, dusty ride.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe