- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
King Jayavarman II established this mountain retreat 50 km (31 miles) northeast of Siem Reap in AD 802, the year regarded as the start of the Angkor dynasty. The area is strewn with the ruins of Khmer temples from that time. The mountain was revered as holy, with a hallowed river and a waterfall. Admission to the area costs $20, it is not included in the ticket price to the Angkor Temple Complex.
Kulen Mountain at a Glance
Elsewhere in Cambodia
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's