- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kratie is famous for the colony of freshwater Irrawaddy dolphins that inhabits the Mekong River some 15 km (9 miles) north of town. The dolphins are most active in the early morning and late afternoon. Taxis and hired cars from Kratie charge about $10 for the journey to the stretch of river where the dolphins can be observed. You will likely have to hire a local boatman to take you to where the dolphins are, as they move up and down the river.
Elsewhere in Cambodia
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's