Tasek Lama Recreational Park
Tasek Lama Recreational Park Review
This piece of 'tame jungle' is reachable just a mile north of downtown BSB. There are two main areas to the park. The section near the parking lot and entrance is little more than a city park, though it does include a picturesque waterfall. This is a favorite spot with locals who come to picnic and go jogging, and it can be crowded on weekends. For more solitude, those feeling fit should head out onto the network of trails. These take you through the forest surrounding the Tasek Lama Reservoir, which provides much of the city's drinking water. This is real rainforest and some hills may be steeper than you expect, although ropes have been put in place to hold on to in some short sections. Be aware it is always hot and humid here at midday, so walking in the cool of the early morning or late afternoon will be an altogether more pleasurable experience.
- Address: Jalan Tasek Lama, Bandar Seri Begawan
- Cost: Free
- Location: Bandar Seri Begawan
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. Read more
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
I am not sure if it makes sense for me to buy the Japan Rail pass...here is the travel requirement on trains.
Travel within Tokyo and Kyoto cities
Tokyo to Nikko and back
Travel Tokyo to Kyoto - Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more