Bandar Sri Begawan is a safe, modern city and crime is a relative rarity. You will have few concerns. Nevertheless, common sense precautions are always advisable. Women should avoid walking alone at night, or at least remain in well-lit public areas. Street crime and petty theft is rare but does occur. Avoid drawing attention to yourself by looking flashy. Keep a close eye on valuables in crowded areas where pickpockets operate.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's