Getting Here & Around
Brunei International Airport is just 2.5 miles from the center of Bandar Seri Begawan. To get around the city, purple city buses run on six routes covering most sights—hail them from the roadside stands. Fares are cheap and route numbers are displayed on the front of each bus. Water taxis ply the maze of waterways along the Brunei River. Fares are negotiable, but cheap, and they are a good way to explore the Kampung Ayer water village. There are few car taxis, but fares are low if you can find one. Booking in advance incurs a small charge.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe