Toka Leya Camp
At a Glance
- the camp is close to Livingstone and all of the activities offered in the area
- there's a small spa on the banks of the river
- the decor makes it feel a bit like a hotel as opposed to a camp in the middle of the bush
Check Rates from our Partners
Toka Leya Camp Review
Spread out along the banks of the Zambezi River, the tents are set up on stilts, surrounded by a wooden deck that you can sit on and watch the world and the Zambezi River go by. The word ‘tent' is used liberally as the accommodation at Toka Leya resembles anything but camping. The 12 well-appointed en-suite safari-style tents (three of which are family units that can sleep four) are remarkably spacious and join up to the main dining, bar, and pool area via a raised gangway, keeping guests out of the way of visiting hippos and elephants. Toka Leya is in the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, where a handful of Zambia's remaining white rhino live. A game drive through the national park is a must. Priding itself on its greenness, the camp has gained a reputation for having incorporated several eco systems, including the replanting of indigenous trees, a grey-water set-up, and a thriving worm farm for composting. There's great fishing on the river and you can arrange for a guide to take you out on a fully-equipped boat so you can try your luck at landing a tiger fish.
- Address: On the Zambezi River, 12 km (7.5 mi) upstream from Victoria Falls, Livingstone
- Phone: 27–11/807–1800 in South Africa; 27–21/702–7500 in South Africa
- Website: www.wilderness-safaris.com
- Location: Livingstone, Zambia
- 12 tent suites.
- Rate includes all-inclusive.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last Fall I read a notice that said that Emirates Airways was adding several new cities to it’s American service, among them Boston. Read more
It's almost impossible to believe that one year ago we set out on our amazing Africa adventure, visiting South Africa, Zambia and Botswana. Read more
My partner and I have been considering visiting Dubai for the last few years and may have an opportunity to go for a reasonable price in the next few weeks. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more