Livingstone Island Picnic
Livingstone Island Picnic Review
Available throughout the year whenever the water levels are low enough, this is a spectacular, romantic dining option. Livingstone Island is perched right on the edge of the void, where you'll dine at a table dressed with linen and gleaming silver on a delicious organic lunch (with salads) with drinks served by attentive waiters. You get there by boat (two engines, just in case). Brunch and afternoon tea are US$70 and US$100, respectively, and lunch is US$125, including transfers. The trips are run by Tongabezi Lodge, and there is a maximum of 16 guests.
- Address: Livingstone Island, Livingstone
- Phone: 213/32–7450
- Location: Livingstone, Zambia
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed a couple of months around Feb.–June, depending on water levels. No dinner.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
This is a trip report describing a two week vacation in Israel and Jordan (one week per country). Read more
I've been a regular to Africa over the past 12 or so years on a budget, self drive + tent normally visiting areas away from the maddening crowd.
Now retired we, my wife & I, have decided that next yea Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a ... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more