Although the Zambia National Tourist Board (next to the museum; open weekdays 8-1 and 2-5, Saturday 8-noon), is very helpful and friendly, you might be better off visiting Jollyboys (behind the Livingstone Museum; open daily 7-10) for comprehensive and unbiased advice.
In Zimbabwe, the Victoria Falls Publicity Association is fairly well stocked with brochures. It's open weekdays 8-1 and 2-4 and Saturday 8-1. It's also a good idea to seek advice from the many safari companies in town.
Jollyboys. 34 Kanyanta Rd. 213/32-4229. www.backpackzambia.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe