Rafting and Riverboarding
Safari Par Excellence. Safari Par Excellence offers rafting excursions to Batoka Gorge that cost US$140 for a morning trip or US$160 for a full-day trip. The cable car transports rafters out of the gorge, so you only have to climb down. You can also do a combination helicopter-and-rafting trip. Bring secure shoes, dry clothes for the long drive home, a baseball cap to wear under your helmet, and plenty of sunscreen. You can also decide to try riverboarding (from US$170), in which you hop off the raft onto a body board and surf suitable rapids. Livingstone. 213/32–0606. www.safpar.net.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's