Zambia Travel Guide
Plan Your Zambia Vacation
Mosi-oa-Tunya. The smoke that thunders. Zambia's Kololo tribe best describes the world’s most awe-inspiring and largest waterfall plummeting 354 feet into a mile-long, ravaged chasm. Breathtaking views of Victoria Falls take center stage in Zambia in a dazzling spectrum of natural beauty that rises from the Zambezi River basins. At the heart of Zambia's other geological wonders are the ancient waters of Lake Tanganyika, man-made Lake Kariba, and the hot springs of Kapishya in North Luangwa National Park—refuges for increasingly endangered indigenous wildlife.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Zambia restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Zambia
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just returned from a South African tour with Gate 1. Read more
Africa 2014, January & February
We flew Ottawa to Zurich on Swiss and booked a 1 night package at the Hilton Airport that included an early check in, breakfast and late check out – a good deal, Read more
We had actually never heard of the Danakil Depression before we started reading the Lonely Planet, the Bradt Guide and the Thorn Tree Forum on Ethiopia. Read more