- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
World Trade Centre Area and Burj Dubai
Dubai's newly developed business district stretches along a few miles of Sheikh Zayed Road, from Za'abeel Roundabout south to Interchange 1. Cutting-edge towers flank both sides of the multilane highway. These architectural triumphs, pictured in numerous media, have come to symbolize modern Dubai. The view is especially impressive after dark when the towers are lit up—some, including the Fairmont Hotel, have light shows that play across their facades.
Luxury hotels line the strip, making it a hot spot for entertainment and nightlife. The Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre (often called simply the Dubai World Trade Centre) is the heartbeat of the district, and it often teams with people. Work continues on Dubai's latest construction phenomenon, Burj Dubai, just south of Interchange 1, which is set to redefine high-rise living and rewrite the record books.
World Trade Centre Area and Burj Dubai at a Glance
Elsewhere in Dubai
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's