- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Fodor's In Focus Dubai, 1st Edition
Bastakiah Nights Review
This is a historic patrician mansion that's been transformed into a traditional Arabic restaurant in the heart of downtown. When dining here, you'll enjoy authentic surroundings (if a bit staged) and local dishes served by costumed staff. Tables on the rooftop terrace have fantastic views across the creek and the quarter. If you'd rather eat indoors, the first floor has several small rooms decorated in the same style as a welcoming majlis (traditional Arabic seating areas) with tables for dining. Come at night when the restaurant glows with stained-glass lamps and candles. Opt for the set menu if you want to sample a full range of mezze and entrées, or dine à la carte. Generously sized dishes are served on colorful Arabian platters or in ornate dishes. No alcohol license.
- Address: Bastakia Quarter, Dubai
- Phone: 4/353–7772
- Location: Bur Dubai and the South Bank
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last Fall I read a notice that said that Emirates Airways was adding several new cities to it’s American service, among them Boston. Read more
Was there for two days, one day before going to Oman and one day after. Read more
My partner and I have been considering visiting Dubai for the last few years and may have an opportunity to go for a reasonable price in the next few weeks. Read more
· News & Features
The posh Polynesian-themed Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach debuted in Dubai over the summer, adding anothe ... Read more
The United Arab Emirates may be best known for its luxury high rises and deluxe shopping malls, but look... Read more
Dubai has a monopoly on the biggest, tallest, and glitziest everything—and it's if-you-build-it-they-will-come... Read more