- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Fodor's In Focus Dubai, 1st Edition
Shang Palace Review
Tucked into the mezzanine of the Shangri-La's soaring foyer, you'll find some of Dubai's most refined Cantonese cuisine. Contemporary Chinese decor is apparent in the use of colors—lucky red contrasts with burnished gold tones that don't overwhelm the space. During the daytime, business discussions take place over plates of succulent meats and crisp vegetables in delicate sauces, producing an excellent balance of flavors and textures. The dim sum is also excellent.
- Address: Shangri-La Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Rd., Dubai
- Phone: 4/405–2703
- Location: World Trade Centre Area and Burj Dubai
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Was there for two days, one day before going to Oman and one day after. Read more
Here is a report of our recent two weeks trip to the United Arab Emirates and Musandam (Oman):
The photos are not uploaded yet (will take months, as I've take Read more
My partner and I have been considering visiting Dubai for the last few years and may have an opportunity to go for a reasonable price in the next few weeks. Read more
· News & Features
The posh Polynesian-themed Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach debuted in Dubai over the summer, adding anothe ... Read more
The United Arab Emirates may be best known for its luxury high rises and deluxe shopping malls, but look... Read more
Dubai has a monopoly on the biggest, tallest, and glitziest everything—and it's if-you-build-it-they-will-come... Read more