- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Fodor's In Focus Dubai, 1st Edition
Verre by Gordon Ramsay
Verre by Gordon Ramsay Review
Gordon Ramsay is one of Britain's most successful and colorful recent exports. Verre, the celebrity chef's first restaurant outside the UK, continues to receive accolades from Dubai's locals. Ramsay's prodigy, Matthew Pickop, oversees the kitchen and manages the staff, many of whom trained in Ramsay's London eatery. The 70-seat space sits in a glass box (which opens into the hotel), so there's nothing to detract from the food, which is just as it should be. The French- and Italian-influenced menu changes regularly and has a choice of five or so items for each course, allowing each dish to be prepared and cooked to perfection. An extensive, fine-wine list is available for pairing with your meal.
- Address: Hilton Deira Creek, Baniyas Rd., Al-Rigga, Dubai
- Phone: 4/227–1111
- Location: Deira and the North Bank
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sat. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last Fall I read a notice that said that Emirates Airways was adding several new cities to it’s American service, among them Boston. Read more
Was there for two days, one day before going to Oman and one day after. Read more
My partner and I have been considering visiting Dubai for the last few years and may have an opportunity to go for a reasonable price in the next few weeks. Read more
· News & Features
The posh Polynesian-themed Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach debuted in Dubai over the summer, adding anothe ... Read more
The United Arab Emirates may be best known for its luxury high rises and deluxe shopping malls, but look... Read more
Dubai has a monopoly on the biggest, tallest, and glitziest everything—and it's if-you-build-it-they-will-come... Read more