Fodor's In Focus Dubai, 1st Edition
Verre by Gordon Ramsay
Verre by Gordon Ramsay Review
Gordon Ramsay is one of Britain's most successful and colorful recent exports. Verre, the celebrity chef's first restaurant outside the UK, continues to receive accolades from Dubai's locals. Ramsay's prodigy, Matthew Pickop, oversees the kitchen and manages the staff, many of whom trained in Ramsay's London eatery. The 70-seat space sits in a glass box (which opens into the hotel), so there's nothing to detract from the food, which is just as it should be. The French- and Italian-influenced menu changes regularly and has a choice of five or so items for each course, allowing each dish to be prepared and cooked to perfection. An extensive, fine-wine list is available for pairing with your meal.
- Address: Hilton Deira Creek, Baniyas Rd., Al-Rigga, Dubai
- Phone: 4/227–1111
- Location: Deira and the North Bank
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sat. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
On an early June afternoon it is still over 300 degrees when we are picked up from our hotel in a Toyota Landcruiser. A drive acr... Read more
For anyone who is interested, a few video clips I put together from a trip to Dubai using a gopro and canon 600d! Enjoy :) http://vimeo.com/m/90186... Read more
I'm considering booking a trip that would require me to have a 8 hour layover in Dubai. I'm 51 years old and am a relatively independ... Read more