- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Palm Deira Review
The second in the trilogy of offshore Palm islands to break ground—or break water—Palm Deira aims to be the biggest man-made island in the world with a city of more than a million people when completed. It is scheduled to be seven times bigger than the original palm, Palm Jumeirah, a mind-boggling feat of engineering and logistics reaching 12.5 kilometers into the Gulf waters that will completely alter the north bank's coastline to the border with Sharjah. Palm Deira will comprise nine discrete but interconnected island districts. Work on raising the land above sea level will take place until 2013, after which the task of building the city will begin.
- Address: Off the Deira Corniche, Dubai
- Location: Deira and the North Bank
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Extreme heat, great national wealth, endless buildings under construction - probably gives you Dubai in a nutshell.
We stayed at the Sofitel Jameirah Beach. A nice location, about 30 minutes drive from Read more
As I recently travelled to Dubai for a couple of months, and this city is quite filled with nice places to have a drink, chill or party, I wanted to share my top 5 bars and of course wanted to Read more
In June next year my husband and myself will be travelling to Dubai for 5 days. Read more
· News & Features
The posh Polynesian-themed Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach debuted in Dubai over the summer, adding anothe ... Read more
The United Arab Emirates may be best known for its luxury high rises and deluxe shopping malls, but look... Read more
Dubai has a monopoly on the biggest, tallest, and glitziest everything—and it's if-you-build-it-they-will-come... Read more