- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Dhow Wharfs Review
Cooking oil heading for Somalia, refrigerators for Iran, and used cars for countries around the Gulf—all of these goods and more are piled high on wooden dhows at the commercial wharf. A stroll around the wharfs highlights Dubai's continued importance as a merchant city and offers insights into the low-tech trade that supplies much of the region, from the east coast of Africa to the west coast of the Indian subcontinent. This isn't a primped-up tourist attraction, it's a workaday dock. So be aware of trucks and lifting equipment operating in the area.
- Address: Deira Waterfront close to the Bank of Dubai Building, Baniyas Rd., Al-Rigga, Dubai,
- Location: Deira and the North Bank
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is an awesome Indian restaurant in UAE.
Our Indian food is liked by all and have awesome reviews..
This restaurant's page is also available at www.anindian.com ........
Here's some details about it:- Read more
I just returned from a trip via Emirates Air to Africa with a stopover in Dubai. Read more
I'm seeing conflicting information on-line about visa requirements. Read more
· News & Features
The United Arab Emirates may be best known for its luxury high rises and deluxe shopping malls, but look... Read more
Dubai has a monopoly on the biggest, tallest, and glitziest everything—and it's if-you-build-it-they-will-come... Read more
Swanky and indulgent, Dubai is the Middle East's hot spot, with endless entertainment, world-class shopping,... Read more