- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Coming Soon to Jebel Ali
Jebel Ali will undergo a complete transformation over the next decade. Dubai Waterfront is the emirate's most imaginative land reclamation project yet—a city district of a billion square feet curving out from Dubai's border with Abu Dhabi and pointing back towards Dubai Marina and the Jumeirah beaches. The designers drew inspiration from the shape of the crescent moon, an important symbol in Islam. In the embrace of the crescent is a small island designed like a star shining in the blue of the ocean firmament. Two-hundred-and-fifty resorts, and residential and business communities will occupy the shoreline and offshore islands, with homes projected for more than 500,000 people. Madinat Al Arab is the interface between the current mainland shore and the rest of the Dubai Waterfront, and it will be completed first. The showpiece of Madinat Al Arab will be Al Burj, a tower that will be the highest in the world when it's finished.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's