- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
The world's largest man-made marina and waterfront development, Dubai Marina's 50 million square feet changed the face of the southern end of Jumeirah Beach and started a real-estate boom that has yet to peak. It was the first venture in which freehold real estate could be bought by anyone from anywhere around the globe. The Marina is home to 200 high-rise towers that have become an entertainment, leisure, and business hub, which locals call "new Dubai."
In addition, a series of specialized free-zone "cities" and "villages" have sprung up around the Marina since the turn of the millennium, as part of Dubai's long-term plan to become one of the world's foremost investment, research, and enterprise zones. An impressive selection of Fortune 500 companies have their Middle East, Africa, and India headquarters here, and many more are sure to follow.
Be aware that the man-made inlets to Dubai Marina have separated the southern tip of Jumeirah Beach from the main coastal strip, so you'll find some of the older hotels here still use Jumeirah or Jumeirah Beach in their titles.
Dubai Marina at a Glance
- Angsana Spa & Health Club
- Dubai Internet City
- Dubai Media City
- Elixir Spa & Health Club
- Emirates Hills
- Givenchy Spa
Elsewhere in Dubai
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- ASAP Tickets Sale! Flights to Dubai From 789 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- ABC Arabian Suites on Sale: Book 3 Nts in Jun Fr $74+/Nt Expedia
- Dubai Savings! Book at Ibis Mall Of The Emirates Fr $146+/Nt Save with Expedia, $64/night less
- Save at 4-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Dubai Fr $1353 Expedia
- Journey to Middle East on the MSC Lirica (MSC Cruises)! Fr $649 Expedia