- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Bur Dubai and the South Bank
This area, a tightly packed residential and trading district, is known by the name of Bur Dubai, so if you hear people talking about the "Bur Dubai side" you'll know they mean the south side of the creek.
Most of Dubai's important historical attractions are located along the south bank, just a stone's throw from the creek. Fortifications, mansions, and the city's last remaining historic quarter are within easy reach of one another, and the largest downtown park is also on the south side. Bur Dubai is home to several busy souks, or markets, and bustling bazaars where you cannot miss the city's multicultural mix.
Bur Dubai and the South Bank at a Glance
- Al Karama Healthcare Centre
- Al Nasr Leisureland
- Bastakia Quarter
- Children's City
- Cleopatra's Spa
- Creekside Park
- Dhow Boatyards
- The Diving Village
Elsewhere in Dubai
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's