- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
A favorite sport of the Al-Maktoums, the sheikh and his brothers have invested millions of dollars in the bloodlines of their successful Godolphin stables. What better way is there for the family to celebrate its passion than by funding the world's richest horse race—with a prize fund of more than $21 million? The season runs from November until late March, when the Dubai World Cup is the climax and the city's grandest social event.
The Nad al-Sheba Racecourse is Dubai's main horse track at this writing, but a new racecourse is being developed closer to Nad al-Sheba. It is not expected to open until 2010. Off Muscat St., Nad al-Sheba. 4/327-0077. www.dubairacingclub.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's