Bowling in Dubai
- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
A popular sport for all sectors of society, you'll meet players and families of many nationalities at the alleys.
Deira & the North Bank
Dubai Bowling Centre is the main bowling venue of the city; it has 36 lanes, two eateries on-site, a billiards area, and a Thai massage spa. Off Al Wuheida Rd., opposite Century Mall, Hor al Anz East, Dubai. 4/296-9222. www.dubaibowlingcentre.com.
Bur Dubai & the South Bank
Al Nasr Leisureland has an eight-lane bowling alley with computerized scoring, but the draw of Al Nasr Leisureland is that it offers many more activities on-site (Off Umm Hurair Rd., Oud Metha, Dubai. 4/337-1234. www.alnasrll.com.
World Trade Centre & Burj Dubai
Thunderbowl, a 20-lane facility with a pool and snooker hall and a few restaurants, is a popular social spot for many nationalities. Off Interchange 1, Sheikh Zayed Rd., Al Wasl, Dubai. 4/343-1000.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe