- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Addis in Dar
Addis in Dar Review
Located only ten minutes west of central Dar es Salaam, and near the U.S. Embassy, this popular Ethiopian restaurant has seating on an outside terrace overlooking a tranquil leafy garden (bring insect repellent). Food is eaten communally and with the hands—traditional Ethiopian style—and you'll scoop delicious stews and sauces from the plate with the traditional injera bread. There are good options for vegetarians, too. Make sure to try the honey wine. As there's a dearth of good eating establishments in Dar es Salaam, this place fills up so book in advance.
- Address: 35 Ursino St., Dar es Salaam
- Location: Dar es Salaam
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We used Africa Travel Resource (ATR) and was very very pleased with their service from beginning to end and plan to use them again when I go back to Africa someday. Read more
This was one of the most amazing experiences and even surpassed my expectations. Read more
We are about 8 families interested in a 2 week trip to Tanzania and Kenya in December 2014. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more