- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Addis in Dar
Addis in Dar Review
Located only ten minutes west of central Dar es Salaam, and near the U.S. Embassy, this popular Ethiopian restaurant has seating on an outside terrace overlooking a tranquil leafy garden (bring insect repellent). Food is eaten communally and with the hands—traditional Ethiopian style—and you'll scoop delicious stews and sauces from the plate with the traditional injera bread. There are good options for vegetarians, too. Make sure to try the honey wine. As there's a dearth of good eating establishments in Dar es Salaam, this place fills up so book in advance.
- Address: 35 Ursino St., Dar es Salaam
- Location: Dar es Salaam
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In June of 2013 Ian from the office had the pleasure to stay with Nicolas and Fabia at their lodge near Lake Manyara in northern Tanzania – Chem Chem.
Why stay here: A great base to explore both Read more
From December 27th to January 7th my wife and I and our two grandchildren (ages 10 and 13) were on safari in Tanzania with Proud African Safaris. Read more
I'm planning a solo, private safari to Kenya and Tanzania in September, 2015. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more