- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
With a name that means "welcome" in Thai, Sawasdee has a peaceful atmosphere and attentive service that make it one of the best eateries in the city. Tanzania's first Thai restaurant, Sawasdee serves authentic dishes—duck in brown sauce, fish in ginger, chicken in green curry—prepared by a highly esteemed chef from Bangkok. The restaurant on the 9th floor of the New Africa Hotel overlooks the sparkling lights of the harbor.
- Address: New Africa Hotel, Azikiwi St. and Sokoine Dr., Dar es Salaam
- Phone: 022/211–7050
- Location: Dar es Salaam
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch weekdays.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I finally finished posting the photos for Kenya, Tanzania and Paris on my shutterfly page:
We spent 6 weeks:
Cape Town and Sabi Sands, Read more
Earlier this year I set out to find a safari outfit to work with me on creating a set of adventures in what has turned out to be one of the more expensive (live and learn) countries in Africa. Read more
Got one Africa trip in me. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more