- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
With a name that means "welcome" in Thai, Sawasdee has a peaceful atmosphere and attentive service that make it one of the best eateries in the city. Tanzania's first Thai restaurant, Sawasdee serves authentic dishes—duck in brown sauce, fish in ginger, chicken in green curry—prepared by a highly esteemed chef from Bangkok. The restaurant on the 9th floor of the New Africa Hotel overlooks the sparkling lights of the harbor.
- Address: New Africa Hotel, Azikiwi St. and Sokoine Dr., Dar es Salaam
- Phone: 022/211–7050
- Location: Dar es Salaam
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch weekdays.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I finally finished posting the photos for Kenya, Tanzania and Paris on my shutterfly page:
We spent 6 weeks:
Cape Town and Sabi Sands, Read more
Earlier this year I set out to find a safari outfit to work with me on creating a set of adventures in what has turned out to be one of the more expensive (live and learn) countries in Africa. Read more
Below is a link to some photos and the beginnings of a trip report from our recent self-drive through the Masai Mara in Kenya and the Northern Circuit of Tanzania. Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more