- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
With a name that means "welcome" in Thai, Sawasdee has a peaceful atmosphere and attentive service that make it one of the best eateries in the city. Tanzania's first Thai restaurant, Sawasdee serves authentic dishes—duck in brown sauce, fish in ginger, chicken in green curry—prepared by a highly esteemed chef from Bangkok. The restaurant on the 9th floor of the New Africa Hotel overlooks the sparkling lights of the harbor.
- Address: New Africa Hotel, Azikiwi St. and Sokoine Dr., Dar es Salaam
- Phone: 022/211–7050
- Location: Dar es Salaam
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch weekdays.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We used Africa Travel Resource (ATR) and was very very pleased with their service from beginning to end and plan to use them again when I go back to Africa someday. Read more
This was one of the most amazing experiences and even surpassed my expectations. Read more
We are about 8 families interested in a 2 week trip to Tanzania and Kenya in December 2014. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more