- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
The breezy, open layout of this BYOB restaurant adds to the casual feel but what it lacks in ambience it more than makes up for in the simple yet tasty food. Check out the dry-erase board for the daily seafood specials, such as BBQ swordfish with avocado gremolata or Swahili prawns in coconut masala sauce, and, for dessert, a delicious sticky date pudding with caramel sauce and some spiced tea or coffee. Arrive early for dinner or you might have to wait for a table, as it's popular with tourists and locals alike. They also serve breakfast and lunch. You'll have to climb up a flight of stairs to get here.
- Address: Hurumzi St., Stone Town
- Phone: 024/223–0171
- Hours: Daily 8 am–10 pm
- Location: Zanzibar
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We used Africa Travel Resource (ATR) and was very very pleased with their service from beginning to end and plan to use them again when I go back to Africa someday. Read more
This was one of the most amazing experiences and even surpassed my expectations. Read more
We are about 8 families interested in a 2 week trip to Tanzania and Kenya in December 2014. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more