- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Visit Tanzania
The Great Migration. This annual movement is one of the great natural wonders of the world.
Big Game Adventures. You'll be amazed at how close up and familiar you get not only with the Big Five, but with thousands of other animals as well.
Sea, Sand, and Sun. Tanzania's sun-spoiled but deserted beaches are lapped by the turquoise blue waters of the Indian Ocean. Swim, snorkel, scuba dive, sail, fish, or just chill on soft white sands under waving palm trees.
Ancient Cultures. From the traditional red-robed, bead-bedecked nomadic Masai in the north to the exotic heady mix of Arab and African influences in Zanzibar, you'll encounter unique peoples and cultures just about everywhere you go.
Bird-Watching. Stay glued to your binoculars in one of the finest bird-watching destinations in the world. You'll be able to watch hundreds of species in a variety of habitats.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- East Africa Experience IExplore
- Grand Safari IExplore
- Kilimanjaro Climb - Machame Route — $2,449 IExplore
- Tanzania Flying Adventure — $6,539 IExplore
- Kilimanjaro Climb- Rongai Route — $2,269 IExplore